The level of backwards compatibility of the release.
No code changes
- Documentation and test changes, but not in code.
Only extensions, no changes
- Code extensions but no changes in existing code.
Code changes, but only internal
- Code has changed but should not affect external behavior.
Code changes, but only bug fixes
- Code has changed but only with bug fixes.
Code changes, may break compatibility
- Code has changed and may break clients, but not necessarily.
Not backwards compatible
- Code has changed and breaks compatibility for sure.
Back to top categories