OSProcessPluginRelease name: OSProcessPlugin
Release summary: Low level access to Unix, Linux and Windows
Automatic version: 6
Manual version: 4.2.4
Published by: Dave Lewis (dtl)
Created: 8 April 2007 7:25:31 pm
Last updated: 8 April 2007 7:25:31 pm
- Squeak3.8 - Released 25 May 2005.
- SqueakL + MIT - Dual licensed under both SqueakL and MIT. This enables both base Squeak inclusion and 100% reuse. Recommended prior to 4.0.
- Squeak3.6 -
- Squeak3.9 - Released 8 Dec 2006.
- Stable - Useable by all. Bugs are rare.
- Squeak3.9-alpha - This is the now obsolete development version of 3.9.
- Squeak3.7 - Released 15 Sept 2004.
- Only extensions, no changes - Code extensions but no changes in existing code.
- SqueakL - The original license of Squeak from Apple. Obsolete since Squeak 4.0 (which only accepts MIT contributions). SqueakL is not recommended to be used for new projects.
- Implement primitiveSetPGrp as setpgid(0,0) rather than setpgrp() for compatibility between Linux and OS X (thanks to Josh Gargus for the fix).
- Fixed #primitiveIsAtEndOfFile, restoring its original correct return value. Several versions of OSPP in the 4.x series have this wrong. This primitive has been deprecated and replaced with #primitiveTestEndOfFileFlag.
- Add support for setsid(), setpgrp(), getpgrp(), setpgid(), getpgid() session management functions.
- Add primitiveKillOnExit, which arranges for child processes to be signalled when the VM exits, even if normal shutdown processing did not occur.
- Miscellaneous cosmetic updates, and add some missing signal functions for consistency.
- Fixed pthread_t declaration in #isVmThread method. This resolves a problem with signal handlers on 64 bit hosts with 32 bit images.
- Fix underscores. No functional changes.
- Declare some (FILE *) casts to address compiler warnings reported by Steve Elkins.
- Eliminate as many #cCode: calls as possible. Reorganize and simplify many methods.
- Add #shouldBeTranslatedFor: to support VMM cross generation.
- #primitiveIsAtEndOfFile gives wrong result (true/false reversed). Therefore marked #primitiveIsAtEndOfFile as deprecated, replacing it with new #primitiveTestEndOfFileFlag. OSProcess will work around this by using the new prim if available, else use old prim with result negated. Note that the original prim is not fixed, as this would cause backward compatibility issues with e.g. new OSP running on old OSPP.
- Add pthread access primitive.
- Add pthread signal masking to ensure that forwarded signals are delivered to the interpreter thread. This is required for OS X. Strategy: Signal handler checks to see if it is executing in the context of the interpreter pthread. If yes, signal the Squeak semaphore, otherwise mask this pthread to prevent future delivery if this signum and resend the signal to the interpreter pthread.
SHA checksum: 82254834234392032198714333529404777779755580023