A Squeak port of Steve Waring's HTTP client. (The original, Dolphin package is available at http://www.dolphinharbor.org/dh/projects/httpclient/index.html.) The Squeak port is usable, but still needs a lot of cleanup work.
The Squeak port must be installed using an up-to-date version of MCInstaller; the easiest way to get that is to update to SM2.
See the class side of SptHTTPRequest for example usage.
* HTTP 1.1 persistent connections.
* Ability to process requests in a background process and set timeouts.
* Cookie parsing/sending.
* Partial range requests.
* Automatic following of redirections.
* Streaming of responses to writeStreams/fileStreams.
* Basic Authentication.
* Support for Proxies.
* Flexible progress notifications.