VMMakerRelease name: Slathering SafflowerOil
Release summary: VMMaker for Squeak release 3.7
Automatic version: 7
Manual version: 3.7b6
Published by: tim Rowledge (tpr)
Created: 22 March 2005 3:16:03 am
Last updated: 9 October 2006 6:17 pm
- Static load script - A .st script for loading packages using SqueakMap.Produces the same result each time.
- Package format - The format of the package.
- Beta - Useable but still not stable, probably has bugs.
- Squeak3.7 - Released 15 Sept 2004.
- SqueakL - The original license of Squeak from Apple. Obsolete since Squeak 4.0 (which only accepts MIT contributions). SqueakL is not recommended to be used for new projects.
- Development tools - Add-on development tools for Squeak.
- Official package in Full - An official Squeak package in the Full multimedia distribution.
- Squeak Archive - A '.sar' file which is a zip-file following certain conventions.
- Squeak3.6 -
- Translation - A '.tra' or '.translation' file holding translations to another language. Optionally gzipped with extra extension '.gz'.
- Only extensions, no changes - Code extensions but no changes in existing code.
Revised release of VMMaker for Squeak 3.7
It will not work with Squeak 3.8 images. Nor 3.9. It probably won't work with platform sources obtained from squeakvm.org either, except maybe if you can work out just which level you need to fetch.
Adds fixes for three known VM-fatal problems:-
attempting to do a become to the same object - happens often in package loading
stack corruption in #performWithArgs: et al.
ObjectMemory space extends beyond 2Gb range and signed comparisons fail - often evidenced as failure to load a package.
SHA checksum: 882570995592900661084827412206037512981429529087