ExuperyRelease name: <Not entered>
Release summary: Exupery, a native code compiler for Squeak.
Automatic version: 10
Manual version: 0.10
Published by: Bryce Kampjes (wbk)
Created: 12 November 2006 5:07:46 pm
Last updated: 15 November 2006 9:10:27 pm
- SqueakL + MIT - Dual licensed under both SqueakL and MIT. This enables both base Squeak inclusion and 100% reuse. Recommended prior to 4.0.
- Alpha - Useable by daredevils. Probably still full of bugs.
- Code changes, may break compatibility - Code has changed and may break clients, but not necessarily.
- Squeak3.8 - Released 25 May 2005.
- MIT - The MIT license is like BSD without the advertising clause. As free as it gets, suitable for cross Smalltalk 100% reuse. The recommended license for Squeak since the 4.0 release.
- Squeak3.9 - Released 8 Dec 2006.
This release provides a noticable speed improvement for a real macro benchmark and bug fixes.
arithmaticLoopBenchmark 1401 compiled 92 ratio: 15.228
bytecodeBenchmark 2139 compiled 459 ratio: 4.660
sendBenchmark 1580 compiled 683 ratio: 2.313
doLoopsBenchmark 1093 compiled 843 ratio: 1.297
largeExplorers 344 compiled 373 ratio: 0.922
compilerBenchmark 739 compiled 691 ratio: 1.069
Cumulative Time 4205.579 compiled 1443.468 ratio 2.914
Prebuilt VMs, images, and instructions can be found here: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3945
SHA checksum: 467923465060769339508422856856153231162796050982