Whisker BrowserRelease name: <Not entered>
Release summary: <Not entered>
Automatic version: 1
Manual version: 0.93test
Published by: Doug Way (dew)
Created: 6 March 2003 6:55:21 am
Last updated: 2 October 2004 11:39:11 pm
- Beta - Useable but still not stable, probably has bugs.
- SqueakL - The original license of Squeak from Apple. Obsolete since Squeak 4.0 (which only accepts MIT contributions). SqueakL is not recommended to be used for new projects.
- Squeak3.4 -
- Squeak3.5 -
- Squeak3.2.1 - The maintenance branch of 3.2, go there for future 3.2 fixes.
- Development tools - Add-on development tools for Squeak.
- Squeak3.2 - Released 16 Jul 2002.
- Code changes, may break compatibility - Code has changed and may break clients, but not necessarily.
New features in 0.93:
- If you deselect or collapse or close a class or method with unsaved changes, it will now prompt you, confirming whether you really want to cancel the changes.
- Added a preference for always stacking the most recently selected pane on top, instead of inserting in 'list' order.
- Window subpanes can be collapsed if you double-click on the subpane titlebars. (This is more effective for method panes if the showWhiskerMethodTitles preference is enabled. Also, this doesn't work yet for the left-column panes.)
- New 'update' menu item updates the contents of any hierarchy panes. For example, if a new class has been added in a different browser.
- Added support for browsing 'local' senders and implementors.
- If a class' comment is missing, the word '(Missing)' will appear after the comment item in the class pane.
- The Whisker window titlebar label lists the classes that are currently selected.
- Refactored things to overwrite fewer base image methods (from 22 to 6). This will make Whisker less likely to affect anything else, and less likely to break because of base image changes in the future.
- Using 'view without categories' to list methods in the class pane is now much faster, especially for large classes such as Morph or Object.
- Type Inference of instance variables is much faster for certain classes (such as Set) whose instance variables could potentially be large collections.
- Added a 'reorganize' command to method item pop-up menus, which is mostly a temporary convenience until a better drag-and-drop solution is in place for moving methods between categories.
SHA checksum: 1232522538893660169117710452533586287367717584746