PrologRelease name: Prolog
Release summary: Prolog for Squeak
Automatic version: 7
Manual version: (11)
Published by: <Not published yet>
Created: 20 June 2008 11:15:29 am
Last updated: 20 June 2008 11:15:29 am
- Squeak3.8 - Released 25 May 2005.
- Code changes, but only internal - Code has changed but should not affect external behavior.
- Beta - Useable but still not stable, probably has bugs.
- Code changes, but only bug fixes - Code has changed but only with bug fixes.
- Squeak3.10-alpha - This is the current moving target of 3.10.
- SqueakL - The original license of Squeak from Apple. Obsolete since Squeak 4.0 (which only accepts MIT contributions). SqueakL is not recommended to be used for new projects.
- Squeak Archive - A '.sar' file which is a zip-file following certain conventions.
some major improvements in this release...
* refactored the core code for clarity
* fixed the semantics of or() and and() which are now exactly equivalent to the ; and , operators
* defined three levels of database scoping: global, class-local and instance-local
* cached the mapping from prolog predicates (symbols) to their actual implementors (selectors) for faster evaluation
* implemented an API for calling Prolog from Smalltalk directly, bypassing LParser/LCompiler. this is similar to the way LispKit interpreters handles code written in Array syntax and makes it possible to populate Prolog databases (which can now be class-local btw) with facts about live Smalltalk objects
* enabled easy redirection of printed output (to Transcript or to an arbitrary WriteStream)
* added tests
SHA checksum: 147534215163404407978885052527577806520299507191