TextFiles is a package for flexibly dealing with any sort of text file.
* Provides buffered operations for efficiently reading and writing large files
* Supports automatic line end conversions
* Provides a framework for various encodings such as ISO-8859 etc.
* Polymorphic with FileStream so you can create a TextFile just the way you would create a FileStream
* Usable with internal as well as external streams, so you can convert text representations within Squeak too
* Supports 'chunking' to index files containing chunks of text more efficiently
For a closer look check out the accompanying documentation.