REPLServerRelease name: REPLServer
Release summary: Telnet command-line for Squeak.
Automatic version: 3
Manual version: 16
Published by: Michael van der Gulik (mvdg)
Created: 18 July 2007 10:24:11 am
Last updated: 18 July 2007 10:24:11 am
- Beta - Useable but still not stable, probably has bugs.
- Monticello - A '.mcz' file format for use with Monticello. It is gzipped.
- Development tools - Add-on development tools for Squeak.
- Code changes, may break compatibility - Code has changed and may break clients, but not necessarily.
- Squeak3.9 - Released 8 Dec 2006.
- Stable - Useable by all. Bugs are rare.
- MIT - The MIT license is like BSD without the advertising clause. As free as it gets, suitable for cross Smalltalk 100% reuse. The recommended license for Squeak since the 4.0 release.
- Squeak3.10-alpha - This is the current moving target of 3.10.
- Code changes, but only bug fixes - Code has changed but only with bug fixes.
This release fixes several bugs found in the previous release. Exception handling with sockets is now improved and REPLServer will play well with image restarts. Online help has been expanded. A list of known bugs has been added (to online help). This release includes a tutorial. REPLServer now prompts for a password when started, and you can telnet to port 4445 to use it.
SHA checksum: 294099903066052035417307170037396810001744191112