TuioRelease name: Tuio
Release summary: Tuio offers tangible user interaction based on video tracking of physical objects.
Automatic version: 1
Manual version: 1.1
Published by: Simon Holland (SimonHolland)
Created: 3 October 2007 10:54:27 pm
Last updated: 5 October 2007 7:01:08 pm
- Development tools - Add-on development tools for Squeak.
- Squeak3.9 - Released 8 Dec 2006.
- Non official package - Just a package for Squeak, no community guarantees. :)
- Squeak - The official distribution of Squeak.
- MIT - The MIT license is like BSD without the advertising clause. As free as it gets, suitable for cross Smalltalk 100% reuse. The recommended license for Squeak since the 4.0 release.
- No code changes - Documentation and test changes, but not in code.
- Stable - Useable by all. Bugs are rare.
- Applications - Applications written in Squeak intended for regular nonprogramming users
* Prerequisite Packages OSC 5.1 or later *
An implementation of the Tuio protocol, a Tuio client and Tuio demonstration programs to work with the reacTIVision computer vision system for tracking physical objects in real time. Tuio for Squeak makes it easy to build tangible user interfaces using fiducial markers on physical objects.
Tuio for Squeak allows the rapid development of table-based tangible user interfaces (TUI) and multi-touch interactive surfaces. To make practical use of Tuio for Squeak you will need a webcam or other camera, and should download the Reactivision application for your operating system (see http://mcs.open.ac.uk/sh2/squeakmusic.html).
Simon Holland 23 Sept 2007
SHA checksum: 8149950378500725634154521081066546484135829723