Chronos is an industrial strength Date/Time library:
* Implements the ANSI-Smalltalk Standard DateAndTime, DateAndTimeFactory, Duration and DurationFactory protocols.
* Supports the full functionality of the Olson Timezone Database (the native time zone database of UNIX)--including time zone rules that vary from year to year.
* Supports various calendrical systems in addition to the international standard Gregorian calendar (e.g., Julian, Hebrew, Islamic, Persian...).
* Supports both business and scientific use cases, including time-of-day-preserving date arithmetic, holiday definition/detection, and resolution down to the nanosecond.
* Supports point-in-time values that are either invariant to universal time or invariant to nominal time.
* And much, much more...
THE CHRONOS TIME ZONE REPOSITORY:
Chronos requires the Chronos Time Zone Repository for full functionality. It can be downloaded from the following link: http://www.chronos-st.org/downloads/time-zones.zip
SQUEAKMAP PACKAGE LOADER ERROR:
The SqueakMapPackageLoader tool does not work with the Chronos.sar archive, although Chronos.sar can be dowloaded to your local machine over HTTP and then installed using the Squeak FileList. (This problem has been reported, and a fix has been identified. See the article named "[SM][BUG] Error: can't find EOCD position" at the URL "http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2006-October/109758.html".)
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: http://www.chronos-st.org/Installation.html
When using file-ins (.st files or .sar files,) it is always necessary to completely remove the previous version of Chronos, before installing a different version. The "deltas" between versions are not distributed--the Chronos file-ins for each version all assume a "de novo" installation.
For more details, visit the Chronos Web Site at http://www.chronos-st.org.